Once you’re ready to apply you’ll need all the ‘when’ and ‘what’ details. Take a look at this handy checklist and start getting everything submitted. We’re excited to read your application!
Suggested filing dates are October 15 for the spring semester, April 1 for the fall semester and March 1 for summer. Admissions decisions are sent by letter as they are made.
Use the checklist below to be sure you’ve got everything covered.
- Apply online through The Common Application with all accompanying materials, including your essay and the application fee (or approved waiver), to UMW.
- Ask your high school to send an official final transcript to UMW, no matter your age or total transfer credits, or submit your final GED results. (Home-schooled applicants should provide documentation of their educational experiences, as well.)
- Ask each college or university you’ve attended to send an official transcript to UMW. The Office of the Registrar will send you an official credit evaluation. (Transfer students who have 30+ college credits or who have graduated from high school 5 or more years ago are not required to submit SAT/ACT scores.)
- If you are completing an associate’s degree at a Virginia community college and wish to come to UMW under the Guaranteed Admission Agreement, complete the GAA Student Intent Form and give it to your college counselor.
- If you’re filing a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA), please submit it by March 1, using the UMW code 003746.
We can’t wait to get your application! We’ll send you an email when we receive it and let you know if anything’s missing. Please know that it’s your responsibility to make sure your file is complete and to keep copies of all application materials.
UMW’s Bachelor of Liberal Studies (BLS) program, available to adult students who want to earn a bachelor’s degree at UMW, may provide greater flexibility and transferrable credit from nontraditional sources. For information on the BLS, visit Adult Degree Completion Admissions or contact the Office of Admissions at (540) 654-2000 or (800) 468-5614.