Come back to UMW!
Where did you go? We’ve missed you! If you’re an undergraduate student who’s been MIA for three consecutive semesters (not including summers) and wish to come back to campus and get back on track, here’s what you’ll need to know:
If you were on a UMW-approved leave of absence for each non-attending semester, you do not need to apply for readmission.
- To be eligible for readmission, you must either have a GPA of at least 2.0 or seek approval from the Committee on Academic Standing. If you are unsure of your academic status, please contact the Office of the Registrar.
- You must apply for readmission by submitting an Readmission Application form, along with the $50 application fee. Fax to 540/654-1857 or mail to: Office of Admissions, 1301 College Ave., Fredericksburg, VA 22401
- Readmitted students are subject to current degree requirements.
- If you’ve attended any other educational institution during your absence from UMW, you must submit an official transcript from that school.
- Candidates wishing to be considered for in-state tuition must complete a new Application for Virginia in-State Tuition Rates form.
For additional general information on readmission and reinstatement, check out our Readmission Procedures or call (540) 654-2000.