Our 36-credit MBA program is simplified to fit your life!
Whether you are developing managerial skills, seeking career advancement, or cultivating an entrepreneurial advantage, a master’s degree in business administration will put you on the path to success. Combining theory with practice, the UMW graduate business degree will allow you to gain a thorough understanding of best practices in the competitive business environment and prepare you for a position of advanced responsibility and leadership.
- Quality Instruction- AACSB accredited.
- All professional backgrounds welcome.
- GRE/GMAT waiver options available.
- No business prerequisite courses required.
- Enroll full or part-time.
- Courses offered through online, hybrid and face-to-face delivery methods
Graduates of the UMW MBA program are well prepared for a variety of leadership positions in Fortune 500 companies, government agencies, not-for-profits, and entrepreneurial ventures. Graduates of UMW’s MBA program have landed positions with organizations such as:
- Booz Allen Hamilton
- General Dynamics
- Lockheed Martin
- JP Morgan Chase
- Mary Washington Healthcare
- Northrop Grumman
To enroll during the fall semester, the suggested filing date is Aug. 1. For spring, the suggested filing date is Nov. 15. For summer term, it is April 1. UMW accepts post-filing date applications on a rolling, space-available basis.
- Complete the Online Application for Admission
- Earned bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited college or university.
- Additional official transcripts may also be required to verify transfer coursework.
- A current résumé, preferably with at least two years of professional or technical work experience.
- Students who have five or more years of professional post-baccalaureate work experience or already have a terminal degree conferred on a transcript can seek to have GMAT/GRE requirements waived.
- Official scores from a GMAT or GRE taken within the last five years may be required. Use UMW test code 5398.
- International students may need to submit an International Transcript Evaluation and demonstration of English Language Proficiency.
UMW offers MBA courses in a variety of formats (hybrid, online and face-to-face) including an evening program at our Stafford campus designed for those with job and family responsibilities in mind. Most classes meet one night per week for eight weeks. Take a full course load to finish in two years or less, or take one course at a time. Degree completion must be achieved within six years.
MBA Course Requirements (36 credits)
Required Core Courses (30 credits) — all courses are 3 credits
GBUS 501 Foundations of Accounting and Quantitative Analysis
GBUS 502 Foundations of Global Marketing and Management
GBUS 503 Foundations of Financial Markets
GBUS 521 Leadership and Organizational Behavior
GBUS 523 Marketing Strategy
GBUS 525 Management Information Systems
GBUS 526 Quantitative Business Modeling
GBUS 527 Accounting for Decision Making and Control
GBUS 528 Financial Management
GBUS 529 Strategic Management
Electives (6 credits)
Six (6) additional credits chosen from any other 500-level GBUS or MMIS course.
Click here for full MBA program catalog information.