Checklist of steps to take:
- Pay your deposit.
- Online Scholarship Application
- Join the UMW Class of 2023 Facebook page!
- Submit the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) form no later than February 1 to receive maximum consideration for financial aid.
- Service members should speak with their Educational Services Officer (ESO) or counselor within their Military Service prior to enrolling at UMW.
After submitting your deposit:
- Complete your First Year Seminar Survey. Your questionnaire will be emailed from Dr. Tim O’Donnell with the subject “Welcome to your First Year at UMW.” (It will be available in February)
- Capture your NET ID after paying your deposit. (NET IDs will be available in February)
- Complete your Housing and Dining Services Agreement.
- Register with the Office of Disability Resources if you would like to request accommodations and learn more about documentation. You can contact their office at (540) 654-1266 with any questions.
- Download a mobile app called Guide to help you stay on track through college. It lets you know how and when to get things done like financial aid, classes, choosing a major, etc. Download Guide – College Simplified from the App Store or Google Play.
- UMW Scholarship Application for consideration of additional foundation scholarships is May 1.
- Register for and attend Orientation for first year students in June, a two-day program required for all incoming students and parents.
- Ask your Guidance Counselor to submit a Final Grade Report or a final high school transcript as soon as your final grades are available, but no later than July 1.
- Have all Advanced Placement or International Baccalaureate exam scores and/or official transcripts of all college coursework sent directly to the Admissions Office at UMW.
- If interested, sign up for Authorized Payers who will be emailed students’ bills and will be able to login to EaglePAY to make payments or setup a payment plan.
- Submit your health forms by August 1.
- Review opportunities for special Early Arrival Programs, which take place four days before Welcome Week in August. These optional experiences are a fun way for a limited number of new students to explore UMW and surrounding attractions and meet and bond with classmates before classes begin.
- Placement tests – The university offers new students the opportunity to test into courses above the introductory level in certain key subjects.
- Move-in Day is Wednesday, August 21.
Provide changes in your address and/or telephone number to Admissions at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Stay tuned for information on orientation, registering for classes, housing, and much more!