One springtime stroll under the magnificent pale-pink blossoms of the cherry trees on Campus Walk, and you won’t want to leave. Whatever the season, it’s always a great time to visit the University of Mary Washington. Meet our master teachers; catch up with current students; check out our classrooms, stately Georgian architecture, and beautiful wooded campus; and explore historic downtown Fredericksburg.
There are so many ways to get to know us. Learn more and register for:
- Tours & information sessions: Learn about UMW and take a student-led tour. Separate sessions are offered for high school students, transfer students, and those interested in our graduate courses.
- Open houses: Seeing is believing! Get a glimpse of UMW academics, athletics, and student life. See classrooms, residence halls, and other key campus spots.
- Shadow a student: Get up close and personal! Pick your visit based on your academic interests and follow a current student through a typical day on campus. Reserved for high school seniors.
- Interview: Applying to UMW as a freshman? Share who you are with our Admissions staff directly. Interviews are not required, but will place you in consideration for a “top-up” scholarship that ranges between $1,000-$7,000. Interviews are reserved for high school seniors.
- Chat online: Learn about UMW right on your laptop. Ask questions and talk online with current students, or choose a chat about our undergraduate business program, international studies, and other topics.
- Group tours: Register in advance to tour UMW and its amazing facilities with a group from your middle- or high-school, or other organization.
- Self-guided tours: Grab a tour pamphlet and campus map, head to UMW, and walk through the awesomeness at your own pace.
It’s not like being here, but you can get a feel for UMW by following along with this guided interactive tour.
How to get here:
The University of Mary Washington’s main campus is located at 1301 College Avenue, Fredericksburg, VA 22401. The Office of Admissions – in Lee Hall, Room 301 – is open Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
When to come:
Our school calendar has tons of information so you can get a feel for what’s happening on campus and which dates are best fits for what you want from your visit.
Where to stay:
Located in Eagle Village, across the highway from UMW’s main campus, Hyatt Place is the University’s preferred hotel partner and offers special rates for UMW visitors. For information on other nearby accommodations and attractions, visit the Fredericksburg Visitor Center.