One springtime stroll under the magnificent pale-pink blossoms of the cherry trees on Campus Walk, and you won’t want to leave. Whatever the season, it’s always a great time to visit the University of Mary Washington. Meet our master teachers; catch up with current students; check out our classrooms, stately Georgian architecture, and beautiful wooded campus; and explore historic downtown Fredericksburg. There are so many ways to get to know us!
- Tours & information sessions: Learn about UMW and take a student-led tour. Separate sessions are offered for high school students, transfer students, and those interested in our graduate courses. Sessions are held Monday through Friday at 10:30 a.m. and 2 p.m. and most Saturdays at 10:30 a.m. Registration for sessions is in Lee Hall, room 301.
- Transfer information sessions: Learn about the transfer admissions process at UMW and take a student-led tour. Sessions will be held on Wednesday afternoons beginning at 3:30 p.m. with the campus tour immediately following. Registration for sessions is in Lee Hall, room 301.
- Open houses: Get a glimpse of UMW academics, athletics, and student life. See classrooms, residence halls, and other key campus spots.
- Shadow a student: Get up close and personal! Pick your visit (fall or spring) based on your academic interests and follow a current student through a typical day on campus. Reserved for high school seniors.
- Interview: Applying to UMW as a first-year student? Share who you are with our Admissions staff directly. Interviews are not required, but will place you in consideration for a “top-up” scholarship that ranges between $1,000-$7,000. Interviews are reserved for high school seniors and will occur through February 1, 2018 for fall 2018 admission candidates.
- Group tours: Register in advance to tour UMW and our amazing facilities with a group from your middle- or high-school, or other organization.
In November, UMW is hosting receptions in Richmond, Norfolk, and Maryland. We hope you’re able to attend!
- Chat online: Learn about UMW right on your laptop. Ask questions and talk online with current students or staff, or choose a chat about our undergraduate business program, international studies, and other topics.
- It’s not like being here, but you can get a feel for UMW by following along with this guided interactive tour.
How to get here:
Where to stay:
Located in Eagle Village, across the highway from UMW’s main campus, Hyatt Place is the University’s preferred hotel partner and offers special rates for UMW visitors. For information on other nearby accommodations and attractions, visit the Fredericksburg Visitor Center.