Parent’s Summer Chat Series
We’re excited to have your student on campus!
Whether home is Stafford County, VA, or San Diego, CA, they are transitioning to their new routine just as you transition to yours. You may have heard from them, or maybe not, about new experiences with professors, classes, extra-curricular, the city of Fredericksburg, or even laundry in the residence halls. And this may lead you to think about their interaction in our community.
Our staff is happy to take your questions, accept your comments, and address concerns to help you learn more about:
- Join the Parents of 2026 Facebook group to stay informed.
- Family Weekend activities (Oct.)
- Academic support systems (tutoring, the Writing Center, the Speaking Center, professors’ office hours)
- Meal plans and other dining options
- Student Health Center and other wellness options – confirm your student submitted their student health forms or bring them on Family Weekend!
- Connecting with other students and engaging in the community
- Information parents may access
- Ways you can direct your student when they experience an obstacle
- Other ways you may want to connect with the UMW community as a parent
- Check out The New Guy Looks Ahead video by President Paino.
You are their comfort and sounding board amidst significant change. We want to help you help them!
Have Questions About The Parents Page?