We’re excited to have your student on campus!
Whether home is Stafford County, VA, or San Diego, CA, they are transitioning to their new routine just as you transition to yours. You may have heard from them, or maybe not, about new experiences with professors, classes, extra-curricular, the city of Fredericksburg, or even laundry in the residence halls. And this may lead you to think about their interaction in our community.
To get started as a UMW parent, here are a few things you can do:
- Use our printable checklist to help your student navigate their next steps.
- Join the Parents of 2027 Facebook group to stay informed.
- Join the Eagle Family Connection mailing list to keep informed about campus events, next steps, and more.
- Plan to join us for Family Weekend activities (Oct.)
Our staff is happy to take your questions, accept your comments, and address concerns to help you learn more about:
- Academic support systems (tutoring, the Writing Center, the Speaking Center, the Digital Knowledge Center, professors’ office hours)
- Meal plans and other dining options
- Student Health Center and other wellness options – confirm your student submitted their student health forms or bring them on Family Weekend!
- Accommodations available for your student through the Office of Disability Resources
- Resources available for Off-Campus Students
- Connecting with other students and engaging in the community
- Information parents may access
- Ways you can direct your student when they experience an obstacle
- Other ways you may want to connect with the UMW community as a parent
You are their comfort and sounding board amidst significant change. We want to help you help them!
Have Questions About The Parents Page?